"To the end's of the earth will you follow me?"

Pages

Friday, 29 May 2015

The Book of Mormon - Mother's Day

This year, we saw the Book of Mormon, in Chicago at the Bank of America Theater. Holy moly, it was fantastic and hilarious, and satirically touched on many religious and social issues. What's great about the Bank of American Theater is that no matter where you are sitting you have a great view of the stage.




I have to a take a minute to praise the cast. They were amazing! The singing, acting and dancing were all so fresh, energetic and flawless. This musical had me laughing from start to finish, but also made me question certain values and beliefs that our society holds so dearly. It reminded me that we absolutely do not live in a perfect world, and challenges us to recognize the flaws and how we will understand the differences.




Unfortunately, it is no longer playing in Chicago, but I urge you do see this anywhere!

 
 
 
Before the musical, we had a fabulous lunch at Eataly - wine, bread, pasta, and steak (for my family members, not me) and the best part, yummy, yummy gelato! You can easily spend a day in Eataly. Take a tour through the markets, different eating areas, and of course you can't forget about the dessert.



No comments:

Post a Comment