1. I promise to smell the roses. To savor every moment. To remember how I feel, now, today because life is pretty great.
2. I promise to always and unapologetically be myself because there is never any reason to be anyone other than me.
3. I promise to always speak my mind and be honest with myself, make decisions for me and not for anyone else. I promise not to apologize for how I feel, what I believe in, and what I stand up for. I promise to be unapologetic about my feelings, to cry my eyes out, to laugh until my stomach aches, and to smile every goddamn day.
4. I promise to make mistakes and a whole lot of 'em. I promise not to scare so easily, take risks and push my limits and fears. I promise to change my mind a million times, go down the wrong path, loose myself, and never play it safe.
5. I promise to live with grace and always forgive myself and others. Not to punish myself for my mistakes and bad decisions. I promise to forgive and forget, allow past lovers and friends happiness and move forward.
6. I promise to date the Wrong Guy, the Mr. Right Now Guy, the he's-super-cute-but-we-have-nothing-in-common guy, the he's-so-not-into-me guy, guys who give me butterflies and probably guys who make me cry. But mostly, I promise to ditch all the wrong guys and date the Right Guy, and never, ever confuse the guy who loves my body and the guy who loves my mind, but cherish the man who loves both equally.
7. I promise to continue learning, growing, and educating myself with music, literature, movies, love, language and culture. I promise to chase my dreams and never settle for less than what I know or deserve.
8. I promise to pay it forward and give back to those people before me, after me, and all around me. Not to fight back but fight harder for the people I love and for this precious earth.
9. I promise to drink to much whiskey, dance until my toes bleed, sleep in late and often, sing too loud, eat too many peanut m&m's, consume too much coffee, binge watch Netflix and not feel sorry about it.
10. I promise to dress how I feel, wear too-high heels and that little black dress, and not feel ashamed or mistake my femininity for sluttiness. I promise to appreciate my body and these curves.
11. I promise to keep making plans, for today, tomorrow, next week, next month, next year. I promise to always want more and always reach for exciting and better things than today.
12. I promise to be patient and not stress the little or big things in life. I promise to understand this journey, this place, this time, and the people in my life as a whole.
13. I promise to love, every day. I promise to fall head-over-heals in love, to be fully and passionately in love, to express my love, even if it's the single most terrifying act we do. I promise to equally give and receive love. I promise to tell my family and friends I love them all the time.
Happy New Year!